- About Sherford
- Traffic Updates
- Skills Training Scheme
- Sales Information
- Artist Impressions
- Christmas at Sherford 2017
- Inside Sherford's First Homes
- Morgan Sindall Christmas Tree Planting 2017
- New Masterplan for Sherford
- Royal Wedding Street Party
- Sherford Events
- Sherford Show Home Launch
- Sherford Vale Opening
- Sherford's First Easter Egg Hunt
- Skills Training Centre Official Launch
- Community News & Events
For any queries about construction please email: email@example.comTuesday 24th May 2016
Deep Lane Works Update
To improve local traffic capacity and reduce congestion in the area, main works are planned to take place at Deep Lane from 13th June 2016 – 31st March 2017, as part of the wider development of Sherford.
The work that is currently active on site is associated with advanced enabling works for utility diversions. The current work is taking place between 7.30am to 5.30pm from 16th May 2016 - 10th June 2016. Every effort is being made to minimise the duration of this work, and we apologise for any disruption you may experience.
The main construction works will replace the existing Ridgeway Roundabout with a traffic signal controlled junction and will include: carriageway realignment and widening, footway and cycleway realignment, modification of traffic signs, road-markings, drainage and street lighting and the installation of traffic signals.
To safely complete the main construction works, a variety of traffic management arrangements will be used including; temporary traffic signals, lane restrictions, temporary road closures and diversion routes. Temporary road closures and lane restrictions will apply to the following roads:
• Sandy Road
• Ridgeway Road
• B3416 Deep Lane
• Ridgeway Roundabout (nearest postcode PL7 1QH)
• A38 Eastbound Entry and Exit slip roads connecting to the B3416
During the main construction works, delays may be experienced at junctions to and from Wolverwood Lane, Lyneham Inn, Deep Lane (south of the A38 overbridge), A38 Eastbound entry slip road and A38 exit slip road.
Therefore you may wish to seek alternative routes in order to avoid the junction wherever possible. For those travelling towards the city centre, the following alternative routes may be preferable:
• B3416/Glen Road when approaching the junction from the North
• A38 when approaching the junction from the east or south
Bus routes will remain unchanged during the main construction works, although there may be some delays to the following services; 20A, 21,21A and 52.
The contractor will erect advanced road closure warning signs two weeks before the commencement of works. The contractor will also confirm details of specific road closures and dates.
If you have any questions regarding these works, please contact:
• Delivery partner Jacobs via email: B3416DeepLaneJunctionNorth@jacobs.com
• Devon County Council’s Customer Service Centre via telephone on 0845 155 1004 or 0345 155 1004 which is open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Saturdays 9am – 1pm
Alternatively there will also be an opportunity to attend an information drop-in session which has been arranged for 3pm – 7pm at Chaddlewood Farm Community Centre, Glen Road (PL7 2XS) on 9th June 2016. This event will be open to the public and will allow you to raise any further questions you may have about the construction works.